Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, October 17, 2010

Info Post
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My Mother, being the wonderful lady that she is, decided to rent us a cottage for the weekend so my sister and her and I, and a couple of family friends could get away from the city for a quiet girls weekend in!
The whole thing was absolute perfection, just enough rainy weather to allow for some good book reading, and old movie watching - we watched the Stork Club! - and board game playing and delicious snack eating! We sat outside in adirondack chairs and read and talked and sipped wine and laughed a whole bunch and it was all absolutely perfect after a week of essays and midterms and presentations!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My sister and I snuck off to explore the woods for a little while and took some photos with her magical camera box...the leaves were extra pretty and the whole thing just reinforced why I love Autumn so much. All those colors, and everything smells so crisp and fresh, and the wind is somehow extra spooky and everything feels eerie in a perfectly mysterious kind of way.
It put me into Fall mood so bad, that I barely had time to put my bags down before setting up shop in the kitchen to bake a double batch of banana muffins with a brown sugar crumble top. I've been on this cleanse-diet thing for about 8 days now and so I couldn't even eat them myself (ok, ok I may have cheated and had a little....) but I handed them out to my roommates, and their parents and they went over very well!

Anyway, the cottage we stayed at was an absolute dream. Right in the middle of beautiful nowhere, and with ceramic tile floors that reminded me of a Spanish villa! There was a fire place and big wing back chairs to sit and read in....And the sun came out just enough for us to shop around the village near by, where I bought some really exciting muffin pan liners and a snail shaped napkin holder! And when we got back it got grey and rainy again, just the way I like it!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Now I think I'll curl up in my bed with some knitting and a Barbra Stanwyck film and get a good nights rest before another big week!

[outfit details]
chambray dress: H&M
blue wool coat: Dear Creatures via ModCloth
Hat & Scarf & Gloves: H&M
Boots: Urban Outfitters

0 comments:

Post a Comment