Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, October 24, 2010

Info Post



Since I got back home I've found longer branches on my family tree . On my father's side, a distant relative contacted me after seeing Tommy Jr's photographs. Sometimes I start to wonder if I have a bit too much of myself out on the internet, but this time I was so happy to know someone was looking! It turns out that some of my earliest known ancestors came to Virginia from Haiti via France and also from Cuba, something we never knew until now. I've been sopping up all the old stories and documents that have been generously shared with me, and I'm looking forward to learning more as time goes by.

I wanted to share these photos that were found when my Nana's house was cleared out. These are my father's parents, Walter Eugene and Savannah - Pop and Nana to me. To see them so young and happy, probably about my age or a little older, puts a smile on my face every time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment