Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, April 16, 2011

Info Post
A couple of weeks ago we were approached by Lisa, who makes some really, really cute socks. We asked her to do a top ten for us, and we got sent a huge box of the softest, cosiest socks ever - our favourites are the reindeer calf socks and they've been worn a lot since we received them and the weather has gotten a little colder. Thankyou so much for your generosity Lisa, and thankyou for sharing your favourite things with us! You can find Lisa's socks here.

1. The High Line in NYC

I just adore this place. It is the perfect melding of history, horticulture, architecture, and art. I always leave there feeling grounded and inspired. The city park was originally constructed in the 1930s to lift dangerous freight trains off Manhattan's streets.


 2. Degnan Ballet Center in Kingston, Pa.
We photographed our 2010 - 2011 collection with the help of the talented, dedicated students of Ballet Northeast. I will never forget the moment these beautiful young women donned our socks and took their place at the barre to begin class. It was mesmerizing. It brought me to tears and made me realize that hard work really does pay off.




3. Milk chocolate
Liquid, solid, hot, cold, frozen, filled, coating.....pretty much in any form imaginable. Hands down, I will always choose milk over dark every single time.


4. Ella Fitzgerald
She has the most perfect voice. It’s filled with joy and light. I love pretty much anything she has done. Love her singing duets with Louis Armstrong. But, my all-time favorite is her live in concert in Berlin, when she is singing “Mack the Knife” and forgets the words. She starts laughing, but just keeps on singing. You can hear the members of her band cracking up in the background. It is just one of those great moments in a live performance.



5. The Twilight Saga

Books by Stephenie Meyer and movies by David Slade. Embarrassing to admit aloud but I am a HUGE Twilight fan. I can’t wait for the next movie to be released in November.

6. A perfect Manhattan
Maker’s Mark whiskey, sweet vermouth, properly shaken, not stirred, and finished with a cherry. One of these takes the edge off oh so nicely. Two will make next morning a little rough.


7. The Row
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s clothing line. I love everything about this line. The style philosophy, the focus on creating beautifully tailored clothing pieces that work both top to toe as a whole collection and dismantled as separates. These girls are brilliant!

8. Donna Hay magazine
This magazine is so well done. It has a simple, elegant layout, gorgeous photographs, great articles and inspiring and tasty recipes.

9. “Under The Tuscan Sun
I don’t know what to say about this movie other than that I have seen it countless times. So often in fact, my husband will say, “Again, this movie?” It just makes me feel SO good! I love nothing more than a story that ends “and they lived happily ever after.” Plus, it takes place in Tuscany. Enough said.


10. Friday nights with my lovey

After a long, hard work week I love nothing more than to stay in with my husband, Rem, the love of my life, make a great dinner together, pour some wine, cozy up under a blanket, and pop in a movie. Life just doesn’t get any better than that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment