Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, April 21, 2011

Info Post



I thought that one of the cool things about becoming an adult (a pretend one--it's always pretend) would be that I could go to my hair stylist as often as my imaginary overflowing wallet would allow, unlike my teen years when mother dearest wouldn't really allow too much crazy (see: expensive) experimentation. As a result, I've been every inexpensive (and totally awesome) Punky color in the rainbow, and I'm no stranger to Sun-In and food coloring either. My last endeavor involved several coats of brown hair-color, that sadly faded and grew out at light speed leaving me scouring the internet for color-fading solutions, and after a salon house call, a color fading solution, some clarifying shampoo, and a tub of bleach and a paintbrush, I'm about half way back to where I used to be with a color close to my natural shade that fades into some mega blonde tips, and a sigh of relief. Some may say why bother experimenting with colors and cuts when you just end up right where you started, but really, the journey back and forth is a really great way to shake up the ordinary. And I never really expected dark hair to be harder to keep up than lighter hair, and those sad little auburn-blonde roots appeared only a few short weeks after I spent hours upon hours in the salon chain having my scalp covered in irritating dye really bummed me out. I really did like it, and I will probably venture back to the dark side again in the future when I have more time on my hands to catch up on my magazines in the salon chair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment