Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, April 14, 2011

Info Post





A recent work trip granted me four glorious days in New York, my first time visiting the city in - gasp - ten years! I spent the majority of my time at MoMA PS1, and when I wasn't deep into work I was either daydreaming about the rich history of the building or drooling over the peeling patina inside.



borough
*
The First Ward Primary School - later PS1 - was Long Island City's first school and the largest in all of Long Island when it was constructed in 1892-3.














My mind raced as I took in the original flooring, lighting, sinks... so many of the studious stylings had been retained. I'm so happy I got to go there when I did, because the last day of my visit the third floor, the last floor with colours instead of white walls, was getting white washed! Can you believe it...?







0 comments:

Post a Comment