Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, July 19, 2010

Info Post
Hannah has one of my favourite websites, Hannah and Landon. She makes art and takes photographs, and has a husband, and a store, and is part of a collective called The Company Of People. She's busy and clever and I wish I had her hair. Here are some things she likes...


1. Anne of Green Gables, she's been a long time favourite of mine (I once convinced my kindergarten teacher that my name was Anne and forever cherish the report card that has my name listed as "Anne McMillan" McMillan being my maiden name) I've just recently picked up the book again however and have fully immersed myself in her glorious little world.


2. Homemade beauty products, I've been hunting all over the internet for various at home beauty recipes and enjoy very much the process of cooking up your very own remedies! My absolute favourites are the "Oil Cleansing Method" (a quick google will fill you in on that), any sort of oatmeal mask is great (and occasionally delicious) and a recipe for your own beet blush courtesy of this clever lady.

3. Remix Shoes, while my bank account presently does not allow for shoe indulgences I do love to peek around at their fantastic selection of vintage reproduction shoes! Their website is a little disorienting but it's definitely worth navigating to get a glimpse at their glorious offerings.



4. True Blood, Landon and I watched the entire series thus far in under a week (last week actually) and are positively HOOKED. I confess, Eric Northman is my first fictional male crush since, perhaps, grade school?

5. Drugstore brand film. Landon and I use to shell out big dough for fancy film but recently discovered super cheap drugstore film and love it! Also love having them scan the photos for us, saving us time and adding an even grainier, dodgy quality to the photos.

6. Board Games, specifically Settlers of Catan, Monopoly and scrabble. We are old people, indeed.



7. Summer at the cottage, while I love New York very much it is simply too hot to handle crowds and public transportation and non air-conditioned apartments during the summer! I have been spoiled this year as my Dad recently took a riverside cottage up north that we've been invited to stay at for prolonged periods of time, most excellent.

8. Kittens, it is no secret that I am kitten obsessed! Unfortunately, aforementioned bank account and travel have made kitten adoption impossible as of yet. Thank goodness for Youtube and the unending supply of kitten video for me to feat my eyes upon.

9. Communal dining. Every second wednesday we invite a group of friends over and cook for them while they supply beverages and desserts. It's a wonderful way to keep social in such a busy town.

10. Marriage, like a neverending slumber party with the boy you have a crush on. Pretty rad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment