Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, July 26, 2010

Info Post
Kirsha Whitcher is the designer of New Zealand label Salasai, and a very cool and inspiring woman. Her pieces have an androgynous and unfussy feel to them, and the new spring/summer season collection is great. She has great taste in muses - like Grace Jones and Neneh Cherry - and great taste in things too....

1. Rocco Bufalo's handmade shoes
An Italian born, Melbourne based shoe maker who has been hand making shoes for 40 years. Musicians such as Coldplay, David Bowie and The Strokes are known to have their shoes made here. His style is very much 1950s and 1960s rock 'n roll; it is my secret and favourite shoe spot in the world. I wish I had stocked up last time I was there! Rocco's is reason enough to visit Melbourne again - you can get personally fitted made shoes - who does this anymore? Only tell friends you love.
 
2.Prada Infusion D' Iris
I thought I had found my life time perfume but this smell is so amazing it has become my new best friend - now I couldn't live without! It is so subtle and endearing yet mysterious, you've got to try.


3. Sweet Rolls from Opera Kitchen in Hawkes Bay 
These sweet rolls are a delicious pastry bread that has been baked and dipped into soft toffee....with a crunch, they are the best thing for a Friday morning tea and the Salasai crew all take turns at buying them in bulk - only from the Opera Kitchen, only in Hawkes Bay.


4. Salasai Nude Knot Dress
This silk dress piece is so fem and pretty, I love it a lot - it's definitely one of my favourite pieces of the Salasai SS10-11 range.


5. Comme des Garcons hand painted shoe
How wild are these? I love them, and I think I need a pair in my life right now. They are so nuts; can you imagine getting dressed in the morning knowing you were going to wear them? What a smile.


6. MoMu Fashion Museum, Antwerp
One of the best fashion museums in the world in my eyes - although I haven't been there personally, I follow a lot of blogs that visit and it's on my go to list. A new exhibition "MASTERS OF BLACK" is on and looks so inspiring, wish I was there! Featuring Comme, Martin Margiela, Yohji Yamamoto, Raf Simons, the list goes on.


7. Alex Gaidouk
I've been doing some research on photographers and a friend introduced me to this Russian photographer's work - I instantly fell for; there's something quite airy and lonely yet still and calming about his pictures.

8. Piiata lights
By Nga Waiata and Peter Baker, both contemporary artists based down here in Hawkes Bay who are also friends. These handmade lightboxes have the inclusion of te reo maori script which is meticulously handcut from translucent vinyl. These are to die for, there is one I have my heart set on - it reads PRO BONO, love it

9. Tretchikoff Wall paper please
If you're a Tret lover like me you will appreciate this masterpiece. This room is calling me to move in. I've had this image saved in a place called "dream house" for ever and a day...how chic is that!

10. White, the new black 
I'm really excited by white, it's def the new black and sells better for us as well...we dedicated Spring/Summer to a lot of white and will do so for the next few seasons as well. By far my favourite garment colour - here's the proof:

0 comments:

Post a Comment