Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, July 18, 2010

Info Post
It's insanely hot in Stockholm and I don't have the energy to do anything! Earlier this week I got admitted to the program I applied for (3d animation and visualisation) which means I'll be moving really soon! I think it will be fun, but I'm slightly worried about money since I don't want to take big loans while I study. I'll be living in the much smaller town Trollhättan, but it's close to Göteborg (where I used to live) so in case I get bored, I can always go there.

Anyways... Because of the heat, I've been trying to wear as little clothes as possible lately, so I haven't worn a lot of interesting things. I would however like to make a short post about my latest inspiration: early 20th century clothes mixed with 90's acessoires.





Classic ribbon in hair and blouse with 19th century-style needle work, doc martens and jeans shorts

I'm not a big fan of grunge in general, but since I grew up in the 90's I will always assosiate boots, big plaided shirts and hair parted in the middle as something that the cool kids wore. Besides, there's nothing to point out a beautiful blouse or pretty earrings like something big and dirty surrounding it. A lot of pretty things get even prettier when you add something ugly.

My so called life. Angela's wearing a mix of sweet clothes in a grunge way



1.bathing shoes from around 1860 (Is it just me or could this be the prototype for converse?) 2. Scene from Somewhere in Time

The floaty beauty of the early 20th century isn't always suitable for every day life and can be toned down with a pair of rough shoes or a layering with different patterns. The early and the late 20th century combined make a great compensation between pretty and sleasy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment