Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, July 12, 2010

Info Post
I find online magazines really difficult to engage with. Do you? There are only a handful that pique my interest - whether that be in format, functionality or content. I like them to be simple, and busy pages with too much going on make my mind shut off, as does branded content and editorial interference, which seems to permeate many.

I feel, most of the time, that streaming blogs (I think of blogs differently to online magazines and find them easier to read as they are so linear) that interest me through my Google Reader is sufficient internet action, alongside pages such as New York Magazine, The Guardian and Ted Talks. The only "online magazines" that I do enjoy, albeit rarely, are Ponystep, 'Sup and, oddly, one called W.O.W. I say odd because it's run or initiated by Sportmax Code, and it's extremely rare that online or indeed any brand run content (apart from ACNE PAPER) has any validity or spine.

But, I am really excited to discover Tourist Magazine. I have posted a few images that I like from the most recent issue, which will give you an idea of the aesthetic, but it's something different to anything I've seen before. It's cohesive and easy to navigate, beautifully designed and full of interesting words and images. It uses all the good elements of the internet too - video and lots of images and blogs; but it retains a sort of warm, raw, natural feel to it somehow. It's probably easier if you just look at it yourself - I've been reading Sanna Berger's blog (the editor in chief) for a long time - and she deserves some definite recognition and congratulations for what she has created.









0 comments:

Post a Comment