Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, May 25, 2009

Info Post

Photobucket
Outfit Details:

Dress: Borrowed from my Sister
White woven oxford flats: thrifted
Sunglasses: Kensington Market, TO
Bag: Vintage at St-Michel Flea Market
Hank (the Ukulele): Ebay


I've been a closet country music fan since childhood, when my Mom used to dance around the house in cowboy boots singing Honky Tonk Merry-go-round while she cleaned, and my family's idea of dinner music was the Boot Scoot n' Boogie! Unfortunately my ridiculous desire to fit in during most of my adolescence made it a guilty pleasure for me, but now, more than ever, I'm ready to wave my dixie sweetheart flag loud and proud!
Photobucket
The man behind the camera, and the love of my life: Mike

My road trip (which is in 48 days) to Tennessee has a lot to do with my rekindled relationship with Country music. We'll be doing all the Honky Tonks and the Grand Ole' Opry and even paying a visit to two of my favourite females: the Loretta Lynn Ranch and Dollywood!

My love for the music has even been influencing me fashion-wise a little these days, with an emphasis and big Southern curls in my hair and a miniature love affair with denim and gingham! I've got rolls of hay on the brain and even went as far as to name my brand new Ukulele "Hank"!
Photobucket
Hank and My favourite bag

This weekend was beautiful and after my yard sale on Saturday (which I will post pictures of soon!) Mike and I decided to spend the day at my parent's house on Sunday where we read book sin the sun and drank rhum cocktails with my mother and sister! We snuck down to the train bridge my friends used to jump off of (I was always too chicken) to take some train track pictures and sit by the water!

*Listening to: Hank Williams

0 comments:

Post a Comment