Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Info Post
marlene

I haven't had any time to make any new discoveries or shop for any new outfits recently, so I've been taking comfort in old favorites. That's probably why I was so excited when I received the Marlene Dietrich Glamour Collection from Zip this week! Four wonderful films filled with all the glamour, sass and drama that Marlene is famous for packing into her films!

It got me thinking about what type of look I'd like to sport at the wedding Mike and I have been invited to this summer! I came this close to shelling out way too much money for a beautiful 40's Floral number which just about broke my heart, but I convinced myself to put it back on the shelf by reminding myself how much better it feels to find the perfect dress yourself, instead of walking into a fancy vintage shop where they've picked all the pretty items out for you!

What decade should I try to channel? Should I try to find a 1920's dress and wear some long pearls? Or should I go for a more conservative 40's look? Or maybe the 60's? Any ideas? Miss Dietrich definitely has me wanting to go all glamorous 30's, but I'm not sure I could pull it off....


0 comments:

Post a Comment