Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Info Post

It's a bit strange introducing someone with the same name as me! Natalie Wood is the mastermind behind the beautiful label Something Else. I think, beyond sharing a name, we also share tastes in many things. So, without further delay, a kindred spirit and her ten favourite things.

1. MUSIC//CISUM

How lucky are we to have music in our lives. I'm even luckier that my amazing boyfriend Vissukamma is constantly feeding me with new sounds. Music can get you through anything. I highly recommend dancing on your own with reckless abandonment in your living room. Chair dancing is also a favourite past time. My current music vices include Nicolas Jaar for divine inspiration.


2. CONFETTI SYSTEM

If ever there was something to show what's going on inside of my head...this is it. Always the bower bird - these are my idea of heaven. I just ordered a string of tassels for my new office from the lovely Abi at Third Drawer Down.



3. CELINE ACCESSORIES

If ever I could have one of everything...this would be it. Definitely in the 'to die for' category. And that's not even mentioning the clothes. Thank you Phoebe Philo for being so talented.



4. MY CATS

I know this is a bit typical, but I'm going to put it up never the less...because...they are...two of my favourite things in the world. Constant entertainment. Good for cheering me up. And I love how naughty they can be.

Sashimiko and Miyoko - true loves of my life.


5. APARTMENTO MAGAZINE

I am obsessed with interiors and have been since I can remember. However so many interior magazines show these highly polished uber rich spaces that seem so unattainable - not to mention ultra tidy and clean. Something I could never sustain. Apartmento magazine switches that right up - it shows the real spaces of people. The beauty of truly living in a space. And personal spaces where the inspiration is not from a glossy magazine.


6. DIRECTOR LUIS BUNUEL

"Fortunately, somewhere between chance and mystery lies imagination, the only thing that protects our freedom, despite the fact that people keep trying to reduce it or kill it off altogether." - Luis Bunuel

This director...wow. He is so kinky and wonderful and makes beautiful pictures. I just recently saw the Obscure Object of Desire and the way he switches up the lead character throughout the film was so incredible. I love his portrayal of women. There are so many more films of his I need to see. Here are some of my faves.

Very hot!




7. HAIDER ACKERMAN

These pictures from his latest show speak for themselves. Umm, one word 'AWESOME'. This is how I love women to dress. There is nothing meek and mild about his clothes. Strong, tough and exquisite.


8. GARDEN WALLS

My favourite is in Tokyo on the Bvlgali store wall, opposite Chanel on OmoteSando in Harajuku. I'd love one of these at home.

9. LAOS

A holiday last year. I really dream of taking time out and living there for some time. This place is very special. And the food....yep. I had to use my bf's photo's (thanks Vissukamma) as sadly my waterproof camera is sitting in the bottom of the waterfall pictured.



10.BLESS BOOK

If I was ever daydreaming about the kind of body of work I might have produced and the book to accompany it - this would be it. The most inspiring concept for a brand/art project. They just keep producing endlessly original and high quality work.

Dreamy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment