Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Info Post


After posting the photos in the previous post (see below) to Facebook I received a message that one of the photos crossed their Terms and will be deleted. Two minutes later my whole account was deleted, or well.. disabled.

It's the second day without Facebook and even-though I missed a meeting yesterday-eve and couldn't meet up with friends from out of town, it kinda made me aware of how much we all rely on this online community. My Facebook Inbox is more important then my Gmail or Mykromag Inbox is and my Photo-Albums are more valuable then I figured they were as they capture memories and moments with certain comments that are un-replacable.


Of course, I had close to 5000 friends, which certainly weren't all real real friends, but Facebook isn't just a friends-thing only, it became an image-controlling-something, a way for me to show who I am, what I do, what I'm going to do, with who I'm doing to do things or did things, etc. Facebook made it more easy to put my name out there or get in touch with many others.

So what to do now? I've send out three email and read 20 pages online on people who are disabled as well. There are even groups of people coming together to fight the disable thing on Facebook; people who are disabled for a silly reason and without a second warn or explanation, disabled.


I would love to get my page back, but if it doesn't happen I'm not sure if I will open a new one. I makes me think: What's the thing after Facebook?

From the age of 12 I've had profiles and I'm pretty sure Facebook isn't going to be the last one. In a way, we all kinda left Myspace for what it is as well, right? So for now, no Facebook. Maybe I'll be back before the New Year, maybe I will never be back. All I can say right now: TWITTER.COM/SONNYGROO


To be continued..

0 comments:

Post a Comment