Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Info Post
DF - El Patio 77


good looking chair



green








DF

I was so impressed with the places my boyfriend and I decided to stay in Mexico City. Our first night was spent in the quiet, somewhat bourgeois neighborhood of Condesa at the Red Tree House. This B&B was unlike any I had been to before, complete with treehouse-like bungalowes piled atop one another surrounding a lush and vibrant courtyard. I was inspired by the staff's enthusiasm for their country and their recommendations for must-eats, including sticky nopales. The home was rich with red hues and mornings were topped with homemade Chilequiles (which I have successfully made at home!) and cafe con leche.

The pictures above are from the interior of El Patio 77, where Jon and I had the pleasure of staying during the last leg of our trip. The 19th century townhouse, completely renovated into the first-ever eco B&B in DF was located in a more modest part of the city, San Rafael, and was absolutely stunning. I could have sunbathed in the natural light that filled this place all day had there not been such a magical city to explore otherwise. Using a graywater system that reuses sink and shower water to flush toilets, homemade biodegradable bath products, rooftop solar water heaters and LED lights are just a few ingenious and necessary efforts the owners make to set their B&B in a league of its own. I especially liked the fruit basket left for us outside our door before our early morning departure.


listening to :: julianna barwick :: the magic place

0 comments:

Post a Comment