Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, December 16, 2010

Info Post
bath time





boyfriend on the rocks










In no particular order, I'm going to start posting pictures from my travels down in spectacular Mexico! Yes, it's time for me to dig through them and tempt you with all the colors and delicious feasts Mexico has to offer. It's no surprise to me that I'm really missing the hot jacuzzi-like waters of Oaxaca's beaches, especially now that a stark winter wonderland has settled over NYC.


My boyfriend and I took an epic 8-hour local bus ride up, down and around the mountains and villages of Oaxaca before reaching our beach side bungalow in the teensy fisherman's village, San Agustanillo. A bit naive, the two of us thought taking a bus to see a bit of Oaxaca state, would be more interesting than taking a 25min plane ride to the coast. And it was, sans the speed bumps, narrow loop-de-loop route, human to window tossing induced by sharp turns, horse crossings, blinding fog, blinding night, bouts of nausea, 8 hours of Mariachi inspired mix-tape on repeat and a surprise moment of complete transportation shut down, beside a cliff, overlooking a pit of sheer darkness. With the restarting of the engine seconds later, the indigenous musical tunes giddily carried on, and I continued to hold onto the seat in front of me, shifting my weight to the side of the bus opposite of the cliff's edge for whatever kind of security that could possibly offer me.

But we made it, eventually, and it made us laugh. Kind of.

One day, whilst swimming with sea turtles (for reals) we were alerted by some locals to venture (and by venture, I mean timidly crawl) down this rocky cliff where we could basically present ourselves to be swallowed by a steamy, bubbling magical bath. I've been trying to recreate the experience in my bathtub ever since, alas, my ceiling is only 9ft high, and, you know, it's indoors, in Brooklyn.

Could you imagine having a place like this nearby to escape to whenever you wanted to lounge around in some blue water and read a book?

Yea, I can't either.
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment