Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, August 16, 2010

Info Post
Caris Reid from thisartist on Vimeo.


I watched this video through Dossier Journal, which is a wonderful portal of interesting ideas, creative people and events. It is full of things that I don't see anywhere else on the internet. I really like the site that it comes from, This Artist. Although it is in its infancy, it has a great potential. I have to admit I don't often watch videos I see on blogs all the way through, but I have slowly become accustomed (and have acquired a faster internet connection, which helps) to sitting, watching and listening. It's a nice way to absorb information - and such an insight into minds and inspirations and influences. I particularly enjoyed Caris' unique work and perspective. It reminded me a lot of my friend Alexi, who is also a talented painter. They are both calm, thoughtful women, who work in a particularly delicate, feminine aesthetic, employing fragility without being brittle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment