Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Info Post
There's a magazine store in my neighborhood that sells back issues of popular magazines and my boyfriend has amassed this beautiful stack of old copies of The World of Interiors. I think it's safe to say that it's probably my favorite magazine .. but I never look at them. Funny to say something is your favorite but never even thumb through it. But, it's like they're too good and I know I'll get crazy obsessive over it. I even have the stack on the very top shelf to keep myself away.

Well, I think it's time to get over my weird thing, give the book shelf a makeover and get those magazines a good home on the bottom shelf. I'm hoping to do a little weekly series (maybe bi-weekly though?) of scans from the stack.

To start it off we have an article from 1984's May issue.

. . .
2

The World of Interiors - Old Bags

4

The World of Interioirs - Old Bags

5

The World of Interiors - Old Bags
. . .


26 years later (this spread is older then me!) and these bags look like something that would still be featured today. I guess that's why I like World of Interiors so much. A steadily beautiful and classic aesthetic that transcends time and trends... Well, except that backdrop. Kind of wish they would have stuck with a more neutral color - but, whatever.. it was the 80s.

(for the complete scan of the article, please go to my flickr!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment