Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Info Post
Have you noticed something lately? An obsession with minimalism is permeating everything in fashion - from my UK Vogue to the blogs I read and the collections I admire. I want to clean up, start again, sell almost everything I own and aspire to own a small, carefully curated selection of 'just the right things'. It might be attributed to the onset of spring, and that my disposable income is currently nil, which, as always, makes me irresistibly driven to refresh and spring clean.

It is almost fetishistic, an anorexia of the wardrobe, an obsessive, control exerting exercise in a bid to appear pulled together, clear, mature, level-headed. It's nice to not shop, not that I do anyway. This girl seems quite enamoured with the idea - a careful, slowly built wardrobe to keep forever. Capsule wardrobe! The suitcase wardrobe! I don't want to be boring, but your material obsessions are freaking me out! I don't want any more wedges or handbags or anything! It makes my brain feel fuzzy - I want to keep space and money for thinking about books and music and doing stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment