Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, May 20, 2010

Info Post
I photographed some pictures from the magazine "fritidshus" ("vacation homes") that I found among other fun stuff at my grandmother's house. The magazine is from 1968, but the dream of a vacation home lives on and there are at least 5 similar magazines out now. I don't know what it's like everywhere else, but it's a Swedish tradition to get a vacation home that you build things for and renovate all through your summer vacation. I know it sounds sad to work on your vacation, but it's very popular here. It's a beautiful dream though; building the perfect little place for your family, and this magazine really shows what that perfect little place could look like:


The cover. "VACATION HOMES -plans and advice"



A one room cabin with a beautiful fireplace



A small yellow cabin and a simple verandah


A beautiful room. I'd love to live here, I'm a sucker for wood.


See more pictures at my flickr

0 comments:

Post a Comment