Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, September 12, 2010

Info Post
nicole_2

It is no secret that I have a bit of a fangirl style crush on this next lady, but can you blame me? To me Nicole Eymard is sartorial perfection! She is truly one-of-a-kind and manages to make full ensembles (matching nails, lips, eyes, hats, bags, shoes, the whole shebang) look utterly effortless. She's just sent her new line down the runway and is presently prepping goodies to fill her shop with (starting with those most delectable shoes pictured below). I'm waiting with bated breath to see this girl rocket to fashion stardom.

1. What was your first fashion-related creation?

Beaded flowers that I would make into necklaces and bracelets.

4793974211_129ab7e6e1_b

2. What or Who inspires you?

In daily life: Animals, plants, movies, music the endless possibilities/surprises of vintage and antique items, museums, colors, fabrics, poetry, and history.

Online: Hannah.

Designers: Schiaparelli, Prada, Christopher Kane, Marc Jacobs.

nicole_5

nicole_1

3. Biggest sartorial blunder?

The "ghetto" look when I was in middle school.

4708080698_b3a4274bb5_b

4. If you had to have a uniform for this season what would it look like?

Actually...a uniform! I'm going to be wearing jumpers (american dress jumpers, not sweaters) with 1930s floral and leafy printed ties and bow ties, with a suit jacket and fur collar. Lots of fur, lots of crocodile (bags, shoes, clothing). I bought a walrus skin doctor bag. Basically I will look like a British school child swamped with taxidermy. Mix in Elizabethan, and Native American elements for entire fall wardrobe.

4975147169_fe3c54703b_b

5. Any words of wisdom for people wishing to follow in your footsteps?

Dressing: Nothing is more important than knowing what looks good on you and what represents you properly. No one benefits from walking around amongst clones. Comfort doesn't mean ugly. I personally dress in a favorite outfit everyday because when I was little I thought you were stuck with the outfit you were wearing when you died. Always wear something that represents something alive (ex: floral prints, dog brooch).

Career-wise: Always stay true to (and work your way towards) what will make you happy. A dream job doesn't always pay well.

nicole_3

Nicole's Website
Nicole's Blog
Nicole's Line
Nicole's Ebay Shop (keep your eye on this one as I hear she's about to start loading it up with some of her vintage treasures!)

Up next, Tara-Lynn of Stay Fancy Free!

0 comments:

Post a Comment