Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, January 10, 2008

Info Post

(Subtitle: Instead of blogging, I have been spending my free time this week thrift shopping and eating burritos and riding around with the sunroof down listening to pop hits on the radio. That Jordin Sparks? She's got some catchy numbers.)

Current location: My childhood bed, ensconced in pink flowered bedding. Delaware.

Wearing: Mint green Hello Kitty jammies (at the moment). But mostly, I've been taking advantage of the wackily warm 70-degree days and forgoing winter coats in favor of little boys' navy blazers (so perfectly shrunken and preppy) and my trench cape. (No, I could never bring myself to return it. And now I'm glad. It's way cute!). Also skinny jeans and either Eleanor Grosch Black Bluebird Maryjane Keds or my awesome, awesome Gossip Girl boots.

Reading: The new Lucky, with Hayden Panettiere on the cover. *Love* the outfit on page 120 – it's totally me right now. Also, Positively Fourth Street, about the folksy scene in the 60s. Young Bob Dylan… swoon. (Old Bob Dylan… not so much, but the man is a musical genius.)

Watching: Season 3 of Project Runway. No, I never caught it earlier, but now I get to watch it all in one big sewing-related binge. I love it so much that I actually take notes while I'm watching on all the outfits I love (created or contestant-worn or otherwise. For example, according to my l'il scratchings, Alison had an amazing black dress on in episode three… I'll look for a pic for y'all.)

Listening to: The aforementioned pop hits. Also Old Springs Pike, this phenomenal folksy-fun band from Delaware (now based in New York) that I caught in concert a few weeks ago, thanks to my bearded friend Ryan. (Apparently, beards are big for boys right now. Let's go with it and call it lumberjack chic.)

Crafting: New cushions for my new thrifted mid-century sofa, which we've been sanding and refinishing and laboring over for the past two weeks. Okay, actually my mom is making the cushions, for fear that I would definitely make a mess out of all that beautiful fabric, but I help by standing around and soaking in her sewing prowess.

Drinking: Cherry Coke Zero. A new invention since I was last in the States, and pure deliciousness.

Loving: College basketball! It's been too long since I've seen some live sports games; I'd forgotten how much I enjoy heckling the refs and high-fiveing the other people in my section. Plus, it's a great opportunity to experiment with sports-teamy style (not an easy task, but I've been pairing my blue and gold Blue Hens tees with belted grandpa sweaters and skinny jeans).

Last bought: A perfectly proper slim-cut Calvin Klein wool trench, for those times when you need to look absolutely pulled together. Also a bunch of brightly patterned vintage scarves from Goodwill. And a vintage fur stole from the massive thrift store near the mall. And a vintage navy jacket with red piping – sort of retro Chanel, sort of current Balenciaga – for $1 from the Salvation Army.

Petrified by: I've just been invited to a Very Fancy and Fashion-y Gala next month. (More on that soon.) I have absolutely no idea what to wear. It is unsettling.

Looking forward to: I'm off to Beijing in about a week! There will be bespoke little brocade dresses and roasted duck galore, one hopes.

Making: New Year's fashion resolutions, both for myself and the blog. I'll be sharing them soon.

In the meantime: You should be checking out some of my new favorite blogs, including the insanely hilarious Daddy Likey, the French-chic Punky B and the picture-pretty Ali (who points out some gorgeous shots from the newest Anthropologie catalogue, a couple of which you can see above and below.)


*In retrospect, not exactly quick at all, was it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment