Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Info Post

Loewe is an LVMH-owned Spanish luxury brand that's really huge in Europe and Asia, but almost unheard of in the U.S. and nearly impossible to find (according to the website, its only American retail locations are in the San Francisco airport and Honolulu). Which is probably why it's so appealing to me – that, and the fact the Mulberry alum Stuart Vevers is now helming the brand's design team.

Walking by the Beijing store the other day, several gorgeous bags caught my eye – in particular, the "Fiesta" model (which comes in some fantastic super-saturated colors, including – special note to reader Kimmy! – a fab "strawberry" hot pink). I love the classic, oversized shape and the just-distinctive-enough leather link detailing. Perhaps I should start saving now for my next trip abroad?

P.S. I was trying to be good and didn't tempt myself by asking the saleswoman the price. Can any of my readers abroad check it out and share with the group how much it would set us back? Not including the plane ticket, of course.

P.P.S. After a *lot* of internet-ing, I'm reasonably convinced that the brand's name is correctly pronounced "Luay-vay". Although there are many people who insist it is pronounced more like "Loy-vay". Would anyone like to weigh in on this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment