Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, February 25, 2011

Info Post
Two weeks ago I thought winter was finally over and could even see some grass while walking to school! But then the snow chaos showed its ugly face again, and now it's cold and snowy again... This means I'll have to keep wearing my doc martens for at least another month, and even though I love them, they're not the most elegant shoes...

So here's a tip of a nice compromise for your comfortable, but not so cute shoes. It doesn't have to take much to change something rough to into something a fairytale princess would wear. It's all in the shoelaces!

This is what my docs looked like before the makeover. First off all I removed the original black shoelace


Measure the shoelace with a band of your choice. I used a white silk band. To make it easier to put the new band through the holes, you can put some scotch tape at the end of both edges, then you can pull the band through the holes like regular shoelace


The result vary depending on what kind of band you choose. Silk definitely softens the mood and makes the shoe prettier. Here's the result:






0 comments:

Post a Comment