Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, January 30, 2011

Info Post
Maximillia Cozijn is the director and buyer of the amazing online store, Maximillia. You know when you find something - a magazine, blog, designer, shop - that neatly matches your aesthetic? That's how I feel when I look through Maximillia's store. She chooses sweet and feminine pieces from some of the best New Zealand and Australian designers, like Karen Walker, Twenty-seven Names, Lonely Hearts, Ruby, Arnsdorf and Karla Spetic, as well as two of my favourites, T.B.A. and Sretsis. Here are her 10 favourite things right now...


1. Natalie Wood [especially in Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice]
She is just perfection - all dark doe eyes and masses of chestnut hair. Natalie and Diane Canon's outfits in Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice epitomise the style of the late 60s (my favourite period in fashion!)

2. Valentino
The master has been succeeded by an amazing design team. I'm enamoured with each collection of beautiful, feminine dresses. Fall 2010 was a favourite collection of mine.

3. Jim Morrison and The Doors
My fiance and I share a love of The Doors and dream of living in Venice Beach back in their heyday. Jim was a true poet gone too soon.

4. Margaritas
Woody Creek Tavern, Hunter S. Thompson's old hangout in Aspen makes the best (from freshly squeezed lime juice!) Dangerous...

5. California
Born and raised on the West coast of Australia, California feels like my second home. I know it's strange but I get goosebumps when I see the Spanish style architecture and palm trees of Beverly Hills. The light is just beautiful there.

 
5. Ali MacGraw
After stumbling on it in a second hand bookshop I've read her autobiography Moving Pictures over and over. Ali's wardrobe in Love Story is timeless.

6. My boutique
Maximillia is my namesake and my passion. I run the store myself with help from my wonderful (and fashionable!) mother, Christina so everything about Maximillia is personal.

7. Planning
My guilty pleasure is planning my next holiday whilst I'm still on one. It started early, according to my parents I started carrying a massive leather bound diary around with me in year 1!

9. Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Jason Segel, Jonah Hill and Paul Rudd - how can you go wrong! Closely followed by Superbad, Knocked Up, I Love You Man...

10. Nic
We've been inseparable since the last year of high school - and it was the perfect time for him to propose two weeks ago in Hawaii (ironically at Turtle Bay resort where Forgetting Sarah Marshall is set!) He's my best friend and I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment