Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, January 21, 2011

Info Post
xochimilco

xochimilco

mine

m26

m25



taxi


One of the most magical parts of the trip was venturing south of the city center to the ancient canals of Xochimilco. I can't say I'd ever traveled through lush "floating gardens" in a rainbow-bright gondola, beer in hand, with a personal Mariachi band before.


I had read that if you travel far enough through the canals you would eventually reach a haunted island inhabited by dolls, otherwise known as "La Isla de la Munecas". I enthusiastically geared myself up for the long trek, believing that this sight would be awe-inspiring and not-creepy-at-all, alas, my boyfriend and gondolier's lack of enthusiasm to venture 6 hours in hopes of seeing a bunch of rotten dolls hanging from trees prevented us from reaching our destination, and most likely, from years of vivid night terrors.


I should probably thank them for that.

x

Tanlines :: Real Life

follow me
facebook/twitter/bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment