Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, October 21, 2011

Info Post

Recently, a package arrived from jeweller Estelle Deve. Inside were two, matching mood rings. One each for Zoe and I. When I put  mine on, all I could think of was the film of my childhood, My Girl. In it, Vada Sultenfuss wore a mood ring, but it was broken and always looked black. It's nice to have the far more elegant and grown up version of the $10 ring I wore in homage to Vada when I was eleven on my finger, I catch myself looking at it all the time to see whether I'm calm (blue), lovable (violet) or greeny-gold (creative).

Shelley: That's a pretty ring you're wearing.
Vada: It's a mood ring. It's tells me what mood i'm in.
Thomas J: It doesn't work, it always stays black.
Vada: It's only black when you're around, because you put me in a bad mood.
Shelley: Maybe black means you're happy?
Vada: I don't think so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment