Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, June 6, 2011

Info Post

"I honestly thought my market would be schoolchildren," says Julie Deane, who started the company to pay her daughter's school fees. "She was being bullied. I'm very logical, and worked out the top 10 jobs I could do that would allow me time to still be a mum and would enable me to have my dog with me.
"I was quite obsessed with satchels at the time, because I was reading Harry Potter to my children and I wanted to find them, because they are exactly what Harry and Hermione would have used at Hogwarts."

Julie Dean, one-half of The Cambridge Satchel Company, to the Guardian. I thought this explanation was quite charming. And like every single other blogger with an interest in fashion, I really want one of their satchels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment