Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, June 20, 2011

Info Post






[Images by me]

I love Apartamento. I love it because it is full of pictures of mess and reality and warm, kind, creative people. I did just lose one of my magazine jobs because I shot a house that was, apparently, too messy - which strikes me as an entirely bourgeois and shitty thing to get hung up about. I thought it was the most interesting and beautiful house I'd seen in a long time, a place where fascinating and successful artists live, even if there were empty coffee cups on the bench.

Apartamento, however, is devoid of hangups and pretension. It's a magazine that's about sharing information and profiling wonderful designers, artists and generally creative people in a way that's honest and accepting and truly interesting. 

In this issue there are articles about making Ikebana and drinking green tea; an eccentric Japanese potter named Rosanjin Kitaoji; Jim Haynes, who holds a dinner party every week and has done for the past 40 years in Paris; stylist Masha Orlov who lives in the Trump Building in New York; Zoe Bedeaux's chaotic, cluttered, joyful apartment that's full of colour and texture and pattern and embroidery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment