Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Info Post
I've always been a big fan of DIY, sewing your own clothes etc. There are two main reasons for this:
a) Living in a small town, you can never get what you want when you want it.
b) Being unique and creative is awesome.

Over the years I've made several thousand things, some I've worn once, others a thousand million times. But today I'll share only one:

I Like The Red Jacket also known affectionately as the Ricky Martin jacket and the Bollywood jacket.

  • The inspiration for this jacket is the jacket that Mary-Kate wore to some awards show a couple of years back (below).
  • It was made from one of my friends mum's favourite holiday jacket. Fabric - red velvet.
  • It's a fair bit different from the Olsen's jacket because I was too lazy to make a satin jacket and so just used the velvet and I also got a bit slack towards the end for all the beading. Still its pretty awesome.

ACTION SHOT!!!!! -->

This jacket is ridiculously embellished so you can only pair really plain things with it. And pretty much the only colour that works is white. However, if I couldn't be bothered and I have to look nice or dressed up, it's the simplest thing to throw on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment