Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, November 27, 2010

Info Post

We have so many talented creative friends, so why not see what's inspiring some of them right now? Our first guest post is from one of our favourite people, Anjali Stewart of Twenty-seven Names - who is currently feeling inspired by Kanye West.

"It's hard to say what it is with Kanye, but I just really admire his honesty and the fact that he doesn't hold back. I think the GOOD Fridays idea was genius, and he worked with so many of my favorite rappers - Mos Def, Talib Kweli, J.Cole, Cyhi the Prince, and Lupe Fiasco. To me the album is like the modern day version of the Beatles Money Cant Buy Me Love. No matter how much fame, success or money Kanye has - he's still searching. I was lucky enough to see Kanye perform Monster with Jay-Z in September; it was one of the most amazing live performances I've ever seen. You could see it in the crowd - he came out in a red leather suit: mad swagger, it was phenomenal.
"I loved his collaboration with Vanessa Beecroft on the Runaway film - it was really beautiful. A good friend of mine attended the press conference in Sydney; he told me that Kanye said he was truly honoured that Beecroft wanted to work with him. I love hearing details like that."

0 comments:

Post a Comment