Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Info Post
I got turned on to Estelle Deve's work via My Chameleon. I love it. It's so organic looking, handmade, inspired by various natural things like paleolithic rocks. I got Estelle to write up a few of her favourite things, and I hope I get to meet her in person one day soon, cause we've got super similar taste (and a taste for red wine in the park...)


1// Summer. There is no other time I love more than Summer. Sun on my skin, picnics in parks, going for swims, walking barefoot.. Nothing beats that! My dream life would involve a bit of Spring, a loooong Summer, a little Autumn and more Summer again. I usually tend to escape Winter as least for a month or so every year or I just get in the saddest mood…



2// Shoes. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a slight (understatement!) addiction/obsession with shoes. Especially if they're Dries Van Noten.. I have an "ultimate" list of all the shoes I'd like to own one day and every season the list keeps getting longer and longer… It's quite ridiculous really… I'm actually trying to refrain myself at the moment as I end up having absolutely no clothes to wear and not enough feet for all the shoes I have.


3 // Denim shirts, stripy tops and grey t-shirts. Another obsession of mine. I never seem to find any clothes I like in stores and if I do, it usually belongs to one of the above categories (that, or it's some very very expensive crazy thing that probably no one else would seriously consider buying). The stripes I started wearing as a "French" gimmick to make my friends laugh years ago and has now ended up as my go to item. I just can't get away from them..

4// my grandfather's watch. It makes me feel all grown up. I love the gold dial, the stained leather wristband and the fact that it rewinds itself with the moves of my wrist. It loses five minutes everyday and if I don't wear it for over 24hours it completely stops. It is absolutely unpractical, but I'm in love.


6// 3.1 Phillip Lim. I usually spend most of my clothes budget at Acne, but Phillip Lim has been giving them a run for their money lately. He does such simple and elegant everyday clothes using such great fabrics. I really like his accessories also. It's a shame his designs are so hard to find in Australia… I'm saving my pennies and when the sales start, I think there will be a bit more Phillip Lim in my closet. Oh.. and those two looks from his SS12… I want everything!


7// Making mix cds (and receiving them). I still remember making mixtapes for the boy I was in love with at primary school: the hidden love meaning behind every song, the hours spent picking them and making them all flow together, the drawings on the cover and the excitment when handing it in. None of this has changed and I love them even more now that everything is all about new technologies: I love the giving and receiving actual objects, tangble proofs of love. My boyfriend had my heart at the song above which he put on his first mix cd.



5// Oud Immortel by Byredo. I had been alternating a million of mens perfumes over the last few years without ever founding something that was completely "me". Then I stumbled upon "Oud Immortel" and I found everything i had been looking for all along. It's strong and fresh, without being overpowering.
Weirdly enough, I went home for European summer and when I got back a few weeks ago, quite a few of my friends said they had missed my "smell". So I guess it was a good fit..


8// Ancient Egypt. I've got a strange fascination with all things Egyptian. I think it all started while being really into Indiana Jones as a kid, and redeveloped over my holidays which were mainly spent by the pool, ready about Egyptian mythology, or visiting every museum with an Egyptian exhibition I could find. My little brother also recently moved to Egypt to become a scuba diving instructor, so it's all a bit too much not to be intrigued. Hopefully, I'll be making my way there in  person sooner rather than later. I've been joking around that if I didn't make it as a jewellery designer I'd start uni again and become an Egyptologist.

9// Drinking Pinot Noir with my friends (even better if it's whilst sitting in a park).
I don't want to boast, but my friends are pretty awesome! I'm not quite sure what I'd do without them. I feel so lucky to have met such amazing individuals, who I can share everything with, be it laughs or tears, and who keep inspiring me, day after day. They're the ones who really make Melbourne my "home". I spend most of my free time hanging out with them, and sharing a bottle of Pinot Noir while discussing the meaning of life (or.. clothes/boys/work) has become quite a ritual.

10// Love. Because there's no better feeling than being in love and being loved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment