Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, November 17, 2011

Info Post




Unlike a lot of people, I have a love affair with high waisted jeans--or anything high waisted for that matter. I feel that the higher waists of say, Levis 501's, or the hip-defining 70's high waisted bells really show off women's shape, and I think that shape should be embraced and appreciated instead of hidden or slimmed down to fit the airbrushed and photoshopped standard of beauty that mainstream media sells. True, I'm a huge tomboy, and advocate of menswear of any kind, but it doesn't mean I want to get rid of all the worlds curves and stuff them into a pair of skinny jeans or a suit. I grew up just like a lot of you out there; comparing myself to the people I saw on TV and in magazines, and it was only recently that I started to accept that those things are all lighting, makeup, and computer trickery, and that I'm doing great just the way I am--hips and all. We all want to be flawless and forever-young like a 15 year old supermodel, but I had to finally acknowledge that in real life people have pores, bed head, wrinkles, the occasional blemish, and the lighting isn't always studio-flattering. We're all born with a different set of genetics, and most people aren't naturally stick-thin, and that's not a curse; it's the way it should be.


Wearing a tank thanks to LNA Clothing, Topshop high waisted jeans, a vintage hat, and Chanel bag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment