Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, August 18, 2007

Info Post

WARNING: This post may contain self-pity and general whining.

How many of you have wasted outfit? By this I mean outfits which you have created which are awesome, exciting and make you feel fantastic that you have either a) wasted on an occaison that didn't give the outfit the interest that it deserved or b) haven't worn the outfit for fear of unwanted attention. I'm sure you all at least have one.

The wasted outfit is a tragedy for the fashion conscious, for it is essentially the waste of an idea, a feeling. It's always depressing for me when I wear something that expresses my mood or feeling at the time while also looking fantastic, and the only people I see are people who have no idea about fashion, and do not notice or care what apparel I am wearing. Does this mean the outfit is wasted?

Perhaps it is just me because I have trouble wearing the same outfit twice because what I wear symbolises a coming together of my mood, my activities and my level of attention-seeking. This means that two outfits are rarely the same. I have always wondered whether others suffer from this affliction or whether I am the only one that sees my outfit as an expression of a fleeting moment. Sometimes on street fashion blogs such as stilinberlin, I look at the subjects and wonder: what inspired this outfit, what were they thinking and have they used this outfit before?
Am I the only person who questions the story behind the outfit? Am I the only one with wasted outfits lying dormant in my closet waiting for another chance? Am I also thinking way too much about this?

P.S. Shout out to Jess, my friend who recently embarked on a trip to Europe for a massive working holiday. I'm glad you got there safely and I know you will have an incredible time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment