Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Info Post
The fashion as art debate has never weighed too heavily on me...perhaps couture but certainly not much else. Fashion to me is a craft. Something you create that serves a purpose -- to cover, adorn and beautify.

Fashion illustration on the other hand...is ART. I adore fashion illustration. I think it's like a little window into the soul of the designer. I discovered these lovelies by Nicolas Ghesquière on the Balenciaga site. I like that they are bold, graphic and almost geometric looking. When you glance to the left at the finished product it makes me think that Nicholas is a designer that thinks first and foremost about silhouette and shape - as did the late great Balenciaga. Obviously the colour and pattern are like icing on a devine cake - but shape is what makes my heart pitter patter.





0 comments:

Post a Comment