Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, April 1, 2007

Info Post
If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say...Come Sit by Me (Emma!), tagged the whole blogosphere to reveal 7 songs they are listening to right now:
Yeah. It's not the most exciting list, but I'm not bullshitting either. I actually do listen to these songs all the time.

1. Spidersong by Say Anything
Great, great band. Visionary. Their album is kinda of like a crazy rock opera. The lead singer has bipolar disorder. It's insane (though not literally). My favourite line is 'You've got the moves, the shoes, the 'do, you've got me'. Yes, that is the title of the post below. You caught me.

2. Lovecats by The Cure

Catchiest song of all time. No really. Its all cool jazzy music and sing along fun. The Cure are incredible. My greatest wish would probably to see this song performed live. But that ain't never gonna happen. Still best line is 'We should have each for tea, huh, we should have each with cream'



3. Inmates by The Good Life
So lovely, a perfect song. The lyrics are amazing and really heartfelt. The genius of The Good Life mixed with the amazingly beautiful voice of Jiha Lee, anyone who like The Postal Service, Rilo Kiley, Death Cab for Cutie, even Tim Kasher's 'day job' the Cursive, should listen to this. Trust me, you will instantly fall in love. An incredibly moving song.



4. Called by Antiskeptic

I just love this song. It always makes me feel great, without a doubt the perfect non-alcoholic pick-me-up (so many dashes). Antiskeptic are an Australian punk band and are really really fun to listen to.

5. We Are The End by Alexisonfire

Possibly the best song off of their new CD Crisis. Its so so so so good. Really powerful and awesome. Hopefully I will be lucky enough to see them when they come to Australia in May. Best lyric: ' Look around, there's no affection, only infection'. Topical.
So yeah, that's about it except for my daily obsession with pop songs such as Justin Timberlakes 'My Love' and Good Charlottes 'Keep Your Hands Off My Girl'. Ooooh, and also the fact that Pete Wentz's voice is infectious like the plague and I like to sing Destiny's Child 'Say My Name' in the shower.

0 comments:

Post a Comment