Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, April 12, 2007

Info Post
Us kids know, right?

So, long time (exactly 15 days), no post. Sorry, things have been busy, assignments and such. Now getting back to the task at hand. Fashion, style, awesome-ness.

Lately, it seems I've read a lot of posts about thrifting. Or what people have found by thrifting and are showing off. As they should because most of it is absolutely amazing.

I've been thrifting since I was ten. People used to pay me out because of it, saying that I couldn't afford to buy new clothes. I would retort that new clothes are boring and that one day they would wake up and realise that they had wasted their life trying to be like everyone else. I didn't say that when I was ten of course, that came later on.

So, the point of this post is to show off some of my favourite finds. I hope you enjoy them.

Top left: Bed jacket - its really beautiful and light, but hard to wear because the fabric is a weird cream colour - $2.

Top right: Brown fake fur jacket - from the tag I think it was made mid 60's, the fur is really soft and definitely faux - $8.

Bottom left: Pink jumper - from the tag, it's mid 70's, really brightly coloured with little puffs at the top of the sleeves, I think that where the colours come to a point there was something attached, that has since fallen off - $1.50.

Bottom right: Two of my newest purchases - the gold and black striped top isn't that old, but it's better to pay $2.50 for it than $30 dollars for a similar thing at the shops. The red cardigan is an man's cardigan, it's a really heavy poly-blend with flat pockets on the front - $6.

This skirt is sooo beautiful, it's a full pure silk skirt. I saw it and fell in love, then I tried it on and it was all swishy and perfect. I took it to the counter willing to pay almost whatever they asked. It was $1.50. One of the best finds.


My three favourite vintage dresses. The black one has the most incredible metallic embroidery. I think it is actually a shirt, but the length means that I can wear it as a tunic dress over black tights. The middle dress, is really simple, but ridiculously fitted. This means that it is hard to sit down in if you even look at food. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it has a really awesome scalloped neckline. The last dress is a relatively new one which I haven't decided what to do with. The fabric is crinkled and covered in purple and blue hibiscuses. Sounds heinous but it's actually really pretty.

Finally, the accessories -

Just a selection, it looked pretty all laid out like this. So yeah, that's probably most of my favourites. I'll have to get around to taking pictures of my other two main collections of vintage, which are rompers and shoes.

Most of my wardrobe is vintage or thrifted but I don't like to make a huge deal about it. If someone asks where I got something from, I'll tell them but I won't be the girl prancing around saying "This dress? Oh, it's vintage. Aren't I so hip?". People like that are lame.

0 comments:

Post a Comment