Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Info Post
It's been months since I last made an update here. To be honest it's because I'm no longer comfortable with the whole fashion blog thing. I started this blog as a teenager with the aspiration to blog about the kind of things that inspire me in my fashion as well as in general. However after all these years I'm not sure that's what the blog turned out to be. I've done a lot of blog posts because I felt I had too, rather than because I actually thought it was fun or interesting. In the end I feel that I contributed to things I wanted to set myself free from and started being the person I thought I had to be instead of getting to know the person I really am.

To sum it all up, I'm getting really uncomfortable with exposing myself here. I don't share much of my personal feelings and experiences, but I have put out a lot of pictures of myself and I've exposed my appearance throughout the years. I've always gotten a lot of unwanted attention from men, because of these pictures, but I always ignored that. However now 7 years after I started blogging, I'm almost exclusively getting this kind of attention, not just for new pictures, but the old ones seem to never stop gaining views and comments.

I've tried to upload more everyday pictures to distance myself from these people, but it doesn't seem to work. Most people who visit this blog are lovely and inspiring people, but the few creeps who think every woman who has a picture of herself online deserves to be sexualized through anonymous email sort of throws a dark shadow over all of that.

I've sort of had enough of it all. I just want to be my own person, not a fashionable object. Because instead of showing who I actually am, I decided covered it all up leaving only what would be pleasant for others to see. To be fair, I suppose I have presented myself as an object to begin with. But to be honest I didn't really know any other way to be 5-6 years ago.

However, no matter how I decided to discover myself as a young woman, it never ever gives anyone the right to send me offensive emails! It's never a compliment to be told how someone want to sexually molest you. I'm not "asking for it" simply by being visible, no woman is!

I'm not stopping blogging because of all the creepers, I'm stopping because I don't want to perceive myself as just some pretty thing. I tried to change the blog, but it just represents my younger self too much.

So bye. It's been a good few years! I just really need to start something new now

/Lina

0 comments:

Post a Comment