Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Info Post
 Hello Everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts this month. I went to San Francisco for a couple of days last week. I start school next week and I wanted to fit in a small trip before I go back. San Francisco is such a beautiful city. I went with my mom, cousin, and aunt. It was my mom's first trip since her transplant. We also went to Sausalito for one day. Sausalito is such a charming little city, with the blend of historical buildings, wooded hillsides, sweeping bay and San Francisco views nestled against the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. I stumbled upon an amazing vintage and antique shop. It had the most amazing jewelery. I bought two art deco necklaces that were from the 20s or 30s. My mom bought an amazing Victorian brooch and vintage earrings from ToledoSpain.  San Francisco wouldn’t be San Francisco without a protest going on. I saw a lot... the most interesting being across the street from my hotel with naked dudes in knit hats. The other highlight of my trip was going to the Giants game. They were playing against the L.A. Dodgers. My brother and I are weird because we love both teams even though they are rivals. I wore Giants stuff because we were in San Francisco (and I really wanted to wear my Kung Fu Panda hat). Clayton Kershaw (LA) and Tim Lincecum (SF) were the pitchers for the game. They are both amazing, although I have a soft spot for Timmy- (it’s the hair). I predicted a Dodgers win because Kershaw might be the best pitcher in the National League right now and the Giants have been weak offensively. My prediction was right and the score was 2-1. Timmy still had his 1-0 lead with 2 outs in the 8th inning and a 0-2 count on Matt Kemp. Then Kemp hit out a dribbler, stole second base and came home on a blooper down the third base line that fell in no-man's land.  AT&T Park is awesome! Really, it is such a beautiful ballpark. Too bad the Beard is still hurt; Brian Wilson is such a character (and a great player). Overall, my trip to San Francisco was a success. I had a lot of fun and will probably be going there more often because it’s only an hour flight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment