Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Info Post
Bowties... not just for men. They're kind of like an edgier take on the whole bow trend that started two years ago and is almost everywhere now.


I first saw bow ties in the Marnie Skillings (an Australian designer) show a couple of years ago but it didn't really grab me then. However, now I can really appreciate how the bow tie doesn't really stand out in the outfit. Rather its an interesting detail that you only really see if you are looking closely. It's an elegant way of interpreting the trend.
However, at the other end of the scale, is the stark looks that Luella sent out on the catwalk a couple of years ago. The black contrasts well with the white and yellow and I also really like the undone tie.


I tried out the bowtie look for myself, just with attaching a shoe clip from Sportsgirl (kind of an Australian Topshop?) to the top button of my shirt. I didn't mind the look but I'd really like to try it with an actual bow tie.

I'd also just like to say thanks to all the new commenters who have visited my page recently. It's always nice to meet new people. Also I'll try to post more regularly because I have been really terrible lately, really, really terrible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment