Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Info Post
I either have a nasty cold or an insane case of allergies. I'm leaning toward a cold but I'm hoping tomorrow I'll wake up and feel fine. I got home from work not too long ago and I'm already in my silly looking cotton candy pink matching pajama set which I found in Elinor's attic and I'm buried under 5 blankets. This is serious. Not serious enough to muster up some energy to take some pictures of a few new additions and old favorites that have been keeping me good company while I lay here with tissues up my nose...

. . .

I found this book at a flea market a few weekends ago. I really liked the contrasting bright flowers to the black background and the flowers are done in that illustration style I really like from Sunny Rhymes .. And Marcella is totally adorable. You can't see her dress too well, but it's perfect. Also, I neeeed her hat for summer.

New things!

. . .

I found this pillow maybe three years ago in my grandmother's house and it's still one of my favorite finds. I know there's probably more dust mites living in there then I'd like to think about - but it's so perfect looking I don't even think about it!

New things!

. . .

This little bag holds some of the most perfect candies to ever exist. Does anyone know where to buy them besides Miette in San Francisco? I will pay top dollar!!

New things!

and this is where I've stashed what's left of them, in a little jadeite colored planter I bought on etsy and it's sitting underneath the silliest plant in existence and right next to my one eye'd bear.

New things!

. . .

Despite the fact that I had a sniffly chilly walk to the train this morning, I started things out on a pretty perfect note - the light was coming through the trees so perfectly and made the dandelions in my neighbor's over grown yard look pretty gosh darn amazing. (and I took this picture on an iphone - just imagine it in real life!)

Magic morning

. . .

And the items below would be the newest additions to the creamy pale colored portion of that wardrobe of mine which keeps growing and growing.



On the top left we have my Nadinoo Pixie dress that came in the mail over the weekend. It's so gosh darn cute - I'm going to wear it with denim cut off shorts come summer and sit around by the lake. I really think I could wear every piece of her collection this summer and be happy as a clam!

To the right of that is a perfect 40's dress that has traveled from blogger to blogger care of ebay/etsy and it's finally found its permanent home!! I loooove it more then I even thought I would! I'm going to make Jeff take some pretty photos of it out and about soon!

On the bottom left we have a silly little nylon sleep blouse I found in my grandmother's attic. I just need to find that illusive pair of high waisted - seam down the center - cigarette pants that aren't too tight so they look like spandex, but tight enough so they're not frumpy.... If anyone has any ideas of where to find these pants - any links would be appreciated!!

Ah yes, and last but not least - a little (and by little I mean 4x too big) 40's silk sundress from Bobby's... It was too pretty to leave behind and I WILL make it fit, somehow - some way. I'm hoping to go on vacation and wear tortoise shell sunglasses and drink funny fruity frozen drinks by some sort of body of water. This is probably not happening anytime soon - so I think instead I'm going to make it one of my designated flea market dresses.

. . .


And now thankfully the sun is off to better places and it's finally dark enough to try and fall asleep without feeling like too much of a weirdo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment